- [BOTTOM] X-2™ dual-density, compression-molded EVA midsole with Heal Cradle™ Pro rearfoot support system
- Injection-molded TPU shank plate
- Exclusive lightweight Vibram® rubber outsole
- [UPPER] GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort Range waterproof, breathable membrane
- Polyurethane (PU)-coated leather upper with breathable mesh panels
- Northotic™ Pro upgraded EVA footbed with Poron® ReSource heel and forefoot cushioning pads and ESS Heal Cradle™ Pro support
At a price of Php 9,000 ++ (got these brandnew at a discounted price) The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR III MUST deliver and they do (but fell short. Read on). Comfort and weight are at a premium and I had no dead toe-nail eversince I used them. I love the inner construction, it is really breathable and really cool to the feet. The footbed is fantastic!!! My heels and forefeet don’t feel any discomfort even in long hikes and treks.
I was supposed to give these pair a 5-star rating but there’s one problem. The Vibram Outsole sucks specially in wet and muddy trails! During our Mount Amuyao 5-day trek, I slipped not once but many times. I was so frustrated that time because I really wanted to have great boots that will deliver considering that Mount Amuyao’s trails are really treacherous. but they fell short. Maybe these boots are not for the wet and muddy trail???
Still I love these boots and use them in much lighter and drier hikes and treks. I’m still searching for a pair of mid or tall boots that I can use for wet and muddy trails.
I give these boot a 3.5-out-of-5 stars. If it weren’t for the vibram outsoles and the premium price, it would have been an easy 5 stars.