Eversince I bought my first Mountain Bike (2016 Cannondale Trail 5 27.5) I got hooked and looked for more durability, reliability and speed. I also started joining XC and Enduro races when I got my 2016 Rocky Mountain Altitude.
3 years had passed and I did quite a lot of upgrades to my RM Altitude. I gave my Cannondale to my son and bought me a newer one. A 2018 Cannondale Trail 5 Stealth Black 29er boost. You can say I got hooked with Cannondale and it has become my hardtail race bike for XCO. From stock form, I gradually made the necessary upgrades. Currently the specs are:
– Shimano XT m8000 Drivetrain with Shimano XTR m9000 shifters, 1x36T Chainring and 11-46T cassette.
– Fox32 SC Factory 100mm boost fork.
– Shimano XT m8000 hydraulic brakes with 160mm XT Icetech Rotors.
– TRS E13 wheelset with Hope Pro 4 booat hubs, Pillar Spokes and Schwalbe 29×2.1 Racing Ralph Tires and Maxxis Inner Tubes.
– XT flat pedals
– Sixpack Racing seatpost
– KS Ether Stem and Handlebar
– DaBomb Loop headset
– SDG Saddle and Grips
Total weight so far is 11.5 kilograms which is about right for me. I am not a weight freak but I do like to have it lightweight for transport. I suppose I could go tubeless but the thought of having to deal with the messy sealant specially if I encounter a severe flat on the trail is pretty discouraging.
So far I already had 3 major XCO races and had no problems at all. I personally maintain my XC and Enduro bikes so I really make sure they are all in tiptop condition.
I will share photos next time. Need to compress them first. For now this is all I can share. Will feature my RM Altitude soon.
Cheers! Have a safe and fun ride always 🙂