Having the correct eyeware is a must in the great outdoors and the Oakley Pitbull is one heck of a gear!!! I bought one when I was visiting Wisconsin, USA. The outlet shop was on sale and I was able to buy it for 100 USD (approx Php 4150.00 at that time) and I’ve had them for 3 years now.
Below are the specs:
- Optical precision and performance that meets ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Impact resistance that meets ANSI Z80.3 basic impact standards
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/ UVB/ UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating (optional)
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Prescription ready
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
- Precision and durability of sculpturally integrated hinge mechanisms with dual cam action
- Unobtainium® Earsocks and nosepads for added comfort and performance
- Comfort and Performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
The Oakley Pitbull is very lightweight, very tough and rugged. The shape and contour is unmistakably OAKLEY!!!
The only comment I can point is the lens. I accept that it was a mistake on my part to use these sunglasses while on a boat. Salt water got in contact with the lens and I was unable to clean them immediately so there are some salt water marks now on the lens. Anyway my Oakley Pitbull is still usable and I really enjoy using them during my adventures. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE OAKLEY PITBULL. You won’t regret having these in your arsenal of gears.
4.5 stars for the Oakley Pitbull 🙂